Identify and Monitor Exposure
Serving the tri-state area since 1989, our professional approach generates confident results in a wide range of Asbestos consulting and contracting services. Whether upgrading a heating system or preparing for a real-estate transaction, we help simplify the transition. EMG offers a full-range of asbestos services for industrial, commercial, institutional, and residential projects. Our staff is certified throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and participates in EPA and City of Philadelphia-approved training sessions. We offer complete project management from conception of the scope of work through abatement and re-installation. Here’s how we can clarify and monitor your exposure:
- Licensed Inspections and Surveys
- Air Monitoring
- Remediation Services
Asbestos Inspections and Surveys
For building owners who desire a determination of the location, quantity and condition of their asbestos-containing materials (ACM), EMG can perform a comprehensive asbestos survey. EMG provides:
- On-site, certified asbestos survey technician
- Stringent sampling strategy and protocols
- Representative bulk sample collection of the suspect ACM
- Individually sealed, uncompromised samples for in-house or outsourced lab analysis
- Choice of polarized light microscopy analysis (PLM), phase contract microscopy (PCM), or transmission electron microscopy (TEM) analysis
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) and National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) Laboratory Results
- Documentation of asbestos-containing materials’ location, quantity, appearance, and condition.
- Comprehensive report of data collected and recommended scope of work for remediation.
- EMG only use laboratories certified by the AIHA and NVLAP for asbestos analysis. Analytical results are typically available within 24 hours of collection, though faster results may be available.
Asbestos Materials Testing
When suspect asbestos-containing materials are encountered, we can provide sampling and polarized light microscopy analysis of the suspect material in an accredited laboratory. EMG is capable of a wide range of analytical services for each of its projects and provides timely analytical services. Microscopic laboratory analysis options of air samples include phase contract microscopy (PCM) in accordance with NIOSH Method 7400, and transmission electron microscopy (TEM) analysis of air samples for a more definitive quantification of the airborne asbestos concentration. EMG only uses laboratories certified by the AIHA andNVLAP for asbestos analysis. Analytical results are typically available within 24 hours of collection, though faster results may be available.
Asbestos Air Monitoring
Once a project begins, EMG provides an on-site technician to over see and document pertinent events and contractor performance. Our technicians and project managers communicate with clients in the manner and frequency a client prefers, keeping all parties abreast of project status.
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) and National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) certified-laboratory results
- Asbestos abatement performed by Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry (PaDLI) and City of Philadelphia Licensed Asbestos Removal personnel